Assault, drug cases among those recently handled in Judge DeLuca’s Penn Hills court
Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Angelique Handley, 22, of Murrysville on charges of obstructing administration of law or other government function. Charges were filed June 9.
• Deejah Prescott, 19, of Pittsburgh on charges of simple assault and criminal mischief. Charges were filed June 17.
• Samuel Kirkland, 28, of Pittsburgh on charges of burglary, robbery, theft by unlawful taking, simple assault, harassment and criminal mischief. Charges were filed July 13.
• Michael Young, 47, of Pittsburgh on charges of strangulation and simple assault. Wilkins police filed the charges Aug. 19.
Young went before the judge on another case. Charges of receiving stolen property and seven counts of possession of firearm prohibited were held for court. Wilkins police filed those charges Aug. 29.
• Darrell Tigney Jr., 32, of Pittsburgh on charges of unlawful dissemination of intimate image and harassment. Charges were filed Sept. 11.
Waived preliminary hearings
• Debrah Wilhelm, 53, of Verona on charges of possession of controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. Verona police filed the charges Oct. 20, 2018.
• Amanda Poindexter, 31, of Verona on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of controlled substances, dealing Charges were filed May 3.
• Jayvon Hamm, 21, of Penn Hills on charges of strangulation and simple assault. Charges were filed June 17.
• Edward Fischer, 66, of Penn Hills on charges of simple assault and harassment. Charges were filed July 4.
• Christian Degutis, 47, of Valencia on charges of possession of controlled substances and driving under the influence. Charges were filed July 20.
• Malik Thornill, 21, of Penn Hills on charges of resisting arrest, two counts of possession of controlled substances and two counts of possession with intent to deliver. Charges were filed Aug. 23.
• Ashley Brooks, 32, of Penn Hills on charges of accident involving injury or death, driving with a suspended license and restraint systems. Charges were filed Sept. 19.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .