Assault, drug cases among those recently handled in Judge DeLuca’s Penn Hills court
Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
• Brandon English-Dean, 27, of Penn Hills on charges of simple assault and public drunkenness. Charges were filed May 10.
• Michael Thomas, 34, of Verona on charges of driving under the influence, abandoning vehicle on highway, reckless driving, accident involving damage to unattended vehicle or property and failure to notify police of an accident involving damage to vehicle. Verona police filed the charges July 24.
• Michael McCormick, 44, no address given on charges of unauthorized use of motor vehicles and two counts of theft by unlawful taking. Charges were filed Sept. 7.
Waived preliminary hearings
• Ean Irwin, 27, of Penn Hills on charges of possession of controlled substances, possession of marijuana, driving with a suspended license and no headlights. Charges were filed July 25.
• Sequoya Rodgers, 42, of Penn Hills on charges of theft by unlawful taking, forgery and theft of property. Charges were filed Sept. 5.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .