Assault, DUI cases among those recently handled in Judge DeLuca’s Penn Hills court
Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
- Charles Schroeder, 30, of Verona on charges of theft from a motor vehicle. Verona police filed the charges Dec. 17.
- Timothy Betta, 32, of Penn Hills on three counts of resisting arrest. Wilkins police filed the charges Jan. 8.
- Damien Higginbotham, 29, of Penn Hills on charges of receiving stolen property, possession of firearm prohibited and four counts of possession with intent to deliver. Charges were filed Jan. 18.
Waived preliminary hearings
- Johnnie Johnson, 42, of Pittsburgh on charges of simple assault and disorderly conduct. Charges were filed May 2.
- Corey Kemp, 27, of Pittsburgh on charges of simple assault and harassment. Charges were filed Sept. 16.
- Brian Wickline, 40, of Verona on charges of driving under the influence and careless driving. Charges were filed Oct. 30.
- Denise Robinson, 47, of Pittsburgh on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed Nov. 11.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, email@example.com or via Twitter .