Drugs, theft cases among those recently handled in Judge DeLuca’s Penn Hills court
Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
- William Rose, 41, of Penn Hills on charges of possession of controlled substances and driving a vehicle with a suspended registration. Charges were filed Jan. 19.
- Ian Buterbaugh, 18, of Dixonville on charges of possession of controlled substances, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an improper muffler and improper tires. Charges were filed March 19.
- Derrick Thomas Jr., 24, of Penn Hills on charges of possession with intent to deliver, turning movements and required signals and three counts of possession of controlled substances. Charges were filed May 21.
Waived preliminary hearings
- Mary Liddle, 53, of Pittsburgh on charges of access device used to obtain property/service. Charges were filed Oct. 25.
- Nolan Nichols, 38, of Irwin on charges of deceitful business practices and two counts of receives payment for services and fails to perform. Wilkins police filed the charges Jan. 11.
- Donte Ings, 19, of Penn Hills on charges of simple assault and harassment. Wilkins police filed the charges Feb. 12.
- Eric Hedlund, 53, of Penn Hills on three counts of theft by deception and nine counts of bad checks. Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office filed the charges April 24.
- Jammal Grisham, 21, of North Versailles on charges of receiving stolen property, fleeing or attempting to elude officers, accident involving damage to attended vehicle/property, failure to obey traffic control devices, failure to keep right, passing when prohibited, disregard traffic lane, turning movements and required signals, driving at unsafe speed, reckless driving and three counts of duties at stop sign. Charges were filed May 16.
- Kathleen Herbert, 38, of Penn Hills on charges of retail theft. Charges were filed May 17.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .