Theft, drug cases among those recently handled in Judge DeLuca's Penn Hills court
Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
- Shacara Lavelle Simmons, 29, of East Pittsburgh on charges of theft by unlawful taking. Charges were filed Dec. 27.
- Steven Stallworth, 48, of Penn Hills on charges of terroristic threats and simple assault. Charges were filed May 30.
- Charles Lingo, 59, of Verona on charges of receiving advance payment for services and failing to perform. Charges were filed June 04.
- Nicole Bergquist, 20, of Niles, Ohio on charges of possession of controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed June 20.
- Jodi Gibson, 29 of Pittsburgh on charges of possession of controlled substances, possession of drug paraphernalia and signaling improperly. Charges were filed June 20.
- Antoinette Guastaferro, 58, of Carnegie on charges of accident involving damage to attended vehicle or property, driving with a suspended license and failure to perform duties at stop sign. Charges were filed June 21.
Waived preliminary hearings
- Eric Hedlund, 52, of Penn Hills on charges of theft by deception, three counts of forgery and three counts of bad checks. Charges were filed March 28.
- Barbara Jean Helset, 46, of Pittsburgh on charges of driving under the influence, not yielding at roadway and careless driving. Charges were filed June 23.
- Amber Renee Carner, 21, of Pittsburgh on charges of identity theft and providing false identification to law enforcement officers. Wilkins Township police filed the charges July 20.
Carner went before the judge on another case. She waived a preliminary hearing on charges of identity theft, defiant trespass and flight to avoid apprehension. Wilkins Township police filed the charges July 19.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, email@example.com or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.