DUI, theft cases among those recently handled in Judge DeLuca's Penn Hills court
Penn Hills District Judge Anthony L. DeLuca handled the following cases recently. Defendants will have court dates set in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court. Charges were filed by Penn Hills police unless otherwise noted.
Held for court
- Shane Mains, 24, of Turtle Creek on charges of terroristic threats and harassment. Verona police filed the charges Sept. 14.
- Zebadiah Palmer, 32, of Verona on charges of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Charges were filed Sept. 22.
Waived preliminary hearings
- William Cichinelli, 53, of Verona on charges of strangulation, simple assault, criminal mischief and harassment. Charges were filed Aug. 9.
- William Maxim, 63, of Penn Hills on charges of fleeing or attempting to elude officer, accident involving damage to attended vehicle/property, driving under the influence, disregard traffic lane and reckless driving. Charges were filed Sept. 29.
- Wayne Schrantz, 29, of Verona on charges of theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property. Charges were filed Oct. 2.
Schrantz went before the judge on another case. He waived a preliminary hearing on charges of possession of controlled substances, possession of drug paraphernalia and public drunkenness. Charges were filed Oct. 3.