Allegheny, Armstrong and Westmoreland school districts recognized for music education
School districts in Allegheny, Armstrong and Westmoreland Counties are among the 623 districts nationwide to be recognized as top communities for music education by the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation.
The designation for “Best Communities for Music Education” is awarded to districts that not only have high participation in music classes and support for music programs, but that also meet standards related to funding and graduation requirements.
Of Pennsylvania’s 500 school districts, 92 districts across the state received the designation, according to the state Department of Education.
Southwestern Pennsylvania school districts receiving the award include:
Allegheny County school districts:
- Avonworth School District
- Baldwin-Whitehall School District
- Chartiers Valley School District
- Clairton City School district
- East Allegheny School District
- Fox Chapel Area School District
- Moon Area School District
- Mt. Lebanon School District
- North Allegheny School District
- North Hills School District
- Quaker Valley School district
- Shaler Area School District
- Upper St. Clair School District
- West Allegheny School District
Armstrong County school districts:
- Armstrong School District
- Freeport Area School District
Westmoreland County school districts:
- Burrell School District
- Franklin Regional School District
- Greater Latrobe School District
- Greensburg Salem School District
- Kiski Area School District
Jamie Martines is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Jamie at 724-850-2867, email@example.com or via Twitter .