Senior ConnectCard now available at more locations for free public transit
Seniors living in Allegheny County can now apply for the Senior Citizen ConnectCard at seven more locations throughout Pittsburgh and neighboring municipalities.
Like the blue and yellow Senior Transit identification cards, the new Senior Citizen ConnectCards allow seniors to travel on public transit for free.
Legislative offices in Pittsburgh’s Hill District and Lawrenceville, along with offices in Allison Park, Braddock, Bethel Park, Forest Hills and Ross are now equipped to process applications.
Additional locations throughout the county will be added by the end of the summer, said Adam Brandolph, spokesman for the Allegheny County Port Authority.
Seniors who use a Medicare ID card to ride public transit will be able to use those cards until Dec. 31. After that, Allegheny County Port Authority will not accept Medicare ID cards.
The blue and yellow Senior Transit identification cards will be accepted indefinitely, Brandolph said.
The Port Authority Downtown Service Center on Smithfield Street in Pittsburgh and Rep. Dan Deasy’s office on South Main Street in Pittsburgh’s West End neighborhood will also continue to process applications.
Since the Senior Citizen ConnectCard program soft launch May 1, those two pilot locations have distributed nearly 6,000 cards, Brandolph said.
Applicants must apply for the new card in person in order to get a photo taken and must be 65 years old.
Applications completed at the Downtown Service Center will be processed the same day. Those completed at local legislative offices will take two to four weeks to process, and cards will be mailed back to the offices for pickup.
Additional directions are available at the Allegheny County Port Authority website or by calling 412-442-2000. Offices currently processing applications include:
- Port Authority Downtown Service Center, 623 Smithfield St., Downtown, Pittsburgh
- Rep. Dan Deasy, 436 South Main St., West End, Pittsburgh
- Rep. Sara Innamorato, 5154 Butler St., Lawrenceville, Pittsburgh
- Rep. Jake Wheatley, 2015-2017 Centre Ave., Hill District, Pittsburgh
- Sen. Pam Iovino, 100 Broughton Road, Bethel Park and 5996 Steubenville Pike, Robinson
- Sen. Lindsey Williams, 5000 McKnight Rd., Suite 405, Ross
- Rep. Lori Mizgorski, 4284 William Flynn Highway, Suite 105, Allison Park
- Rep. Summer Lee, 501 Braddock Ave., Suite 105, Braddock
- Sen. Jay Costa, 1501 Ardmore Blvd., Suite 403, Forest Hills
Jamie Martines is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Jamie at 724-850-2867, [email protected] or via Twitter .