Watershed program offers ways public can help protect environmental resources
A series of informational programs to help educate the public about ways in which they can protect local waterways kicks off tonight at the Moon Township Municipal Meeting.
The PennState Master Watershed Program covers a wide range of water resource topics including groundwater, stream ecology, wildlife in the watershed, invasive plants, water recreation and stormwater management.
The July 22 session begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Moon Township Municipal Building.
The program will be repeated at 6:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• July 23: Penn State Center, Energy Innovation Center, Pittsburgh
• July 24: Westinghouse Lodge, Forest Hills
• July 25: Round Hill Park Visitor Center, Elizabeth Township
• July 29: Hampton Township Community Center
• July 30: Mount Lebanon Public Library
Registration is requested to attend, but walk-ins are welcome. To sign up, call 412-482-3464.
Tony LaRussa is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Tony at 724-772-6368, [email protected] or via Twitter .