Looking for fun in Oakmont and Plum this week?
What's happening in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are some of the highlights:
• Oakmont Carnegie Library at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. will be rocking from 6-6:30 p.m. for Music Box Monday. Children ages 6 and younger can enjoy playing along to songs using instruments from the music box.
• Gentle Yoga with Cora at the Oakmont library takes place 6-7 p.m. Monday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Meditation with a Monk is slated for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday. Join monks from Natrona Heights Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation at the library.
• A children's holiday party is planned for 1-2 p.m. Saturday. Crafts and cookies, movies, music and fun will be had.
All of those events are free and no registration is required. Call 412-828-9532 for more information on these and other library programs.
• The Plum Community Library hosts Books & Blocks from 10:30-11 a.m. Monday at 445 Center New Texas Road. The program is designed for children ages 1-5 with their caregiver. There will be stories, songs and a huge collection of blocks to play with. Registration is required. Space is limited.
• Coloring for Adults takes place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at the Plum library. Crayons, sharpies, colored pencils and coloring sheets will be provided. It is free and no registration is required.
• Circle of Stitchers meets 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at the Plum library. Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources. Registration is encouraged.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information about Plum library events.
• Center Elementary students will perform Christmas carols and other holiday tunes at 9 a.m. Friday at the Plum Community Center at 499 Center New Texas Road.
• The center hosts Christmas Around the World from noon-1 p.m. Friday. People are encouraged to share their holiday recipes and traditions.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about center activities.
• The Oaks Theater at 310 Allegheny River Blvd. in Oakmont host a lecture from Chris Kubiak about the birds of winter in Western Pennsylvania starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday. A meet and greet is set for 6-7 p.m.
It is presented by Wishful Wednesday Productions and the Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania. Tickets range from $15-$25 for the all-ages show.
Proceeds support the continued operation of Audubon Society's two Bald Eagle webcams.
Call 412-828-6233 for more information.