Events going on this week in Plum and Oakmont
Looking for some fun things to see and do in Oakmont and Plum?
Here's some of what's going on:
• Plum Community Library hosts Toddler Tales for children ages 2-3 and Story Time Live for children ages 4-5 at 449 Center New Texas Road.
Times are 11-11:45 a.m. and 1-1:45 p.m. Tuesday, respectively.
Both feature stories, music, rhymes and a craft. Registration is required. Space is limited.
• Computer programming for second through fifth graders will take place 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Plum library. Parents are required to stay in the library during class time. Registration is required.
• Family Fun Night is set for 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Plum library. There will be games for all ages and snacks served.
All Plum library programs are free. Call 412-798-7323 for more information.
• Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts a month-long art show at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
It's called “A Photo Tour of Slippery Rock Gorge” and features a variety of submissions from artist Gordon Sarti. Admission is free.
• Medidation with a monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height's Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing medication at the library.
• Zumba with Kara Steiner is scheduled for 6:15-7 p.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont library.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable clothes for the fitness dance class.
• Tai Chi with Jeri McCutcheon will take place 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Oakmont Library.
The class is designed to teach graceful movements to improve balance, reduce stress, refine posture and build coordination.
• Allegheny Valley Poets will visit the Oakmont library 1-3 p.m. Saturday as part of National Poetry Month.
People can read the Valley poems and bring one of their own to share.
All Oakmont library activities are free. Call 412-828-0532 for more information.
• Ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro will perform at the Oaks Theater 8 p.m. Tuesday at 310 Allegheny River Blvd. in Oakmont.
His music ranges from jazz, blues, rock to bluegrass and many other styles. The show is presented by Drusky Entertainment.
Tickets range from $29 to $59. Call 412-828-6322 for more information.