Beer tasting, mineral mining and meditation among activities in Oakmont and Plum this week
Anything going in on Plum and Oakmont this week?
Here are a few things to consider:
• The Dude abides Friday night at the Oaks Theater for a special beer tasting and screening of the Jeff Bridges' classic “The Big Lebowski.”
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the movie at 7:30 at 310 Allegheny River Blvd. in Oakmont.
Patrons must be 21 years old or older. Tickets are $8 and available online or by calling 888-718-4253.
• Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
• Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height's Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History brings its Rock Mining Rush to the Oakmont library 2-3 p.m. Tuesday.
Children ages 5 and older can explore mineral resources and how people use them in four activity stations including panning for minerals in a portable sluice box. Registration is required. Contact Karen Crowell at 412-828-9532 for more information.
• Plum Community Center hosts Big Wave Bingo 1-4 p.m. Saturday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
Players must be 18 years old or older. Cost is $35, $30 in advance. Jackpot is $1,000.
Cafe Plum inside the center will be open for food and snacks. Free parking is available. Call 412-795-2330 for more information.
• Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum Community Library from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at 445 Center New Texas Road.
Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 412-871-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.