Reality tour stop, tai chi and dancing among activities going on in Plum and Oakmont this week
Having a hard time finding things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Terry Bozzio brings his reality tour to the Oaks Theater Friday night at 310 Allegheny River Blvd. in Oakmont. Doors open at 7 p.m. Bozzio is a drummer best known for his work with Frank Zappa and Missing Persons, which he founded in 1980. It is presented by Drusky Entertainment. Tickets range between $20 and $35 and are available at druskyentertainment.com.
- Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont Carnegie Library, 700 Allegheny River Blvd. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
- A beginners tai chi class is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Oakmont library. Instructor Jeri McCutcheon designed the program to help increase energy, reduce stress, improve balance and eliminate mental hurdles to start exercising.
Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9532 for more information.
- Plum Community Center hosts line dancing classes at 9:30 and 10 a.m. Thursday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
- Bingo is set for 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the community center. Each card is 75 cents.
- Yoga with Leslie Hlozek is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. Friday at the community center. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about center activities.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, email@example.com or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.