What's going on this week in Oakmont and Plum
Having trouble finding things to do in Oakmont and Plum?
Try these ideas:
- Renown Pittsburgh Irish rockers Corned Beef and Curry will perform at the Plum Community Library 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday at 445 Center New Texas Road. Attendees can register at the library or call 412-798-7323.
- Plum’s Life Writers will meet from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at the library. Join the group and work on writing stories of your life.
- The Oaks Theater a special cooking demonstration 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at 310 Allegheny River Blvd.
The Oakmont Olive Co. presents Charmane Skillen, founder of Salt Sisters. She will lead the demonstration and provide small bites to attendees. Salt Sisters provides a high quality unrefined and unprocessed sea salt, as well as organic cane sugar and herb blends. Tickets are $45 and available at 888-718-4253.
- Oakmont Carnegie Library presents Book Buddies Story Time 10:30-11:15 a.m. at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. It is designed for children ages birth through 5 with a caregiver. Enjoy a craft, story and play.
- Zumba with Kara Steiner is from 6:15-7 p.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont library. The dance fitness class is designed to keep people of all skill levels moving. No registration is required.
- Tai chi with Jeri McCutcheon is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Oakmont library. The class is free and open to all skill levels. It is designed to reduce stress, improve balance, build coordination and refine posture among other health benefits.
Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9523 for more information.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @MikeJdiVittorio.