Happenings in Oakmont and Plum this week
Looking for something to do in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are some suggestions:
- The Oaks Theater hosts Pitt Floyd, a Pittsburgh-based Pink Floyd tribune band, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at 310 Allegheny River Blvd.
They’re expected to perform the classic albums “Dark Side of the Moon” and “The Wall” in their entirety. Tickets are $20 and are available at bit.ly/2Pn9Yu1
- Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
- Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
- Book Buddies storytime at the Oakmont library is from 10:30-11:15 a.m. Wednesday. It is designed for children ages birth through 5 with a caregiver.
- Oakmont library closes at 4 p.m. Wednesday and will resume programs after Thanksgiving on Nov. 26
- Plum Community Center hosts a birthday party at 11:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at 499 Center New Texas Road.
The party is for anyone with a birthday in November. Festivities will be followed by a safety presentation by Plum EMS Director Brian Maloney. Call 412-795-2330 or go to plumcommunitycenter.com for more information about center programs.