Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice and other events in Oakmont and Plum this week
Having trouble finding things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are some suggestions:
• The Oaks Theater hosts a special beer tasting and screening of Michael Keaton’s “Beetlejuice” Thursday at 310 Allegheny River Blvd.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the show starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 and available at showclix.com or by calling 888-718-4253.
• Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
• Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
• State Sen. Jay Costa will be at the Oakmont library 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursday for a special storytime for its after school program to read “Monster Needs Your Vote!”
Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9532 for more information.
• Plum Community Center offers line dancing classes 9:30 a.m. Thursday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
• Tai chi is scheduled for 6:30 p.m Wednesday at the community center.
• Mommy and Me Yoga is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Plum center. Cost is $5 per class.
The class is designed for children ages birth through 5 years old with their parents or caregivers. Learn basic moves and stay for playtime and conversation after the class.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about community center programs.
• Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum Community Library from 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at 449 Center-New Texas Road.
Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
• The Plum library offers Chess Club for Beginners from 6-7 p.m. Wednesday. It’s designed for students in grades first through fifth.
More information and registration for Plum library programs is available at plumlibrary.org.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .