Boyce Park slates fifth annual ‘SnowFest’ Jan. 26
Boyce Park will host its fifth annual SnowFest at the end of January.
The event will be from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and will offer outdoor and indoor activities such as junior ski and snowboard races, snowshoeing and a cardboard box snow tubing derby.
The ski slopes and snow tubing area will open for general use at 9:30 a.m. All-day lift tickets for residents start at $14. Check the park’s website for further pricing information.
Here is the day’s schedule:
• 9:30 a.m.: Ski slopes and snow tubing area opens
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Free face painting and balloon artistry inside the Four Seasons Lodge
• 10 to 11 a.m.: Registration for the Mini-Junior Olympics Ski and Snowboard Races. The race begins at 11 a.m. There are different age categories for boys and girls: 5-6; 7-8; 9-10 and 11-12. Entry fee is $10 or $5 with a canned good. Participants must also purchase a lift ticket.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Snowshoeing with a Park Ranger. Sign up in the lodge; pole and shoes are provided.
• 12 to 4 p.m.: Photo booth in the lodge.
• 1 to 4 p.m.: Puppet shows in the lodge.
• 1 to 2 p.m.: Registration opens for Cardboard Box Snow Tubing Derby. Entry fee is $10 or $5 with a canned good. Participants of age groups 15 and under and 16 and older will race cardboard sleds. Parents or legal guardians must sign waivers for those younger than 17 years-old. Races start at 4:30 p.m.
• 1:30 to 3 p.m.: Snowshoeing with a Park Ranger. Sign up in the lodge; pole and shoes are provided.
• 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Meet and greet mascot.
• 4:30 p.m.: Mascot Snow Tubing Race
For more information, visit the event’s website at bit.ly/2CgW4nV.
Dillon Carr is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Dillon at 412-871-2325, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @dillonswriting.
Dillon Carr is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Dillon at 412-871-2325, email@example.com or via Twitter .