Happenings in Oakmont and Plum this week
Need to find something to do in Plum and Oakmont this week?
Here are some suggestions:
- Riverview High School band boosters will host their annual Pie Night starting at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Riverside Park.
Pies will be served next to the concession stands at the field. Cost is $3 per slice. Water and lemonade will be provided.
Band performance starts at 7:30 p.m. Proceeds benefit the band boosters. Theme of the night is “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
- Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
- Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
- Chiropractic specialist Dr. Lacy Smiesko presents “The Four Vectors of Stress and How to Manage Them” 6-7 p.m. Thursday at the Oakmont library.
The workshop will teach folks how to become aware of the different types of structural, chemical, environmental and emotional stress.
Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9532 for more information.
- Plum Community Library hosts Back to School with PAWS to READ 10-11 a.m. Tuesday at 445 Center-New Texas Road.
Students entering into first through sixth grades are invited to join therapy dogs and their owners from the Westmoreland Obedience Training Club. Plum School District’s new school year starts Wednesday.
Families can register at the library or online at plumlibrary.org.
- Plum library hosts a scrapbooking workshop 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration is not required.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information on Plum library programs.
- Plum Community Center hosts free line dancing classes at 9:30 and 10 a.m. Thursday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
- Bingo is set for 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the community center. Each card is 75 cents.
- Yoga with Leslie Hlozek is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. Friday at the community center. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about center activities.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .