Happenings in Plum and Oakmont this week
Looking for things to do in Plum and Oakmont this week?
Here are some suggestions:
• Plum Community Library hosts Story Time for All 1-:1:45 p.m Tuesday at 445 Center-New Texas Road.
Children ages 2-5 with their parents/caregivers are invited to come to the library for a special event with Unity volunteer firefighters.
They will talk about fire safety. Guests can also sing songs, make a craft and hear stories. Registration is required. Visit plumlibrary.org for more information.
• The Plum library hosts a movie matinee 1-4 p.m. Thursday at the library.
This week features “Hocus Pocus” with Bette Midler. Popcorn will be provided and no registration is necessary.
• Plum Community Center offers gentle yoga 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at 499 Center-New Texas Road.
Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing. The free program’s open to all skill levels.
• The center hosts free line dancing classes at 9:30 and 10 a.m. Thursday.
• Bingo is set for 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the community center. Each card is 75 cents.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about center activities.
• Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary. Participants should wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat or a towel.
• Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
Oakmont Carnegie Library programs are free. Call 412-828-9532 for more information.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .