Things going on in Oakmont and Plum this week
Trying to find something besides food in Plum and Oakmont this week?
Check out these options:
- Mystery’s Most Wanted, Pittsburgh’s premier murder mystery group, returns to the Oaks Theater in Oakmont Friday.
“Montana Marie Gets Gunned Down at Three” begins around 7:30 p.m. at 310 Allegheny River Blvd.
It’s described as a western gun slinging murder mystery shoot out. Tickets range from $18 to $25 and are available at showclix.com or call 888-718-4253.
- Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
- Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
- Zumba with Kara Steiner is from 6:30-7 p.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont library. The dance fitness class is designed to keep people of all skill levels moving. No registration is required.
Oakmont library programs are free. Call 412-828-9532 for more information.
- Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum Community Library at 449 Center New Texas Road from 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday. Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information on Plum library programs.
- Plum Community Center offers line dancing classes 9:30 a.m. Thursday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
- Tai chi is scheduled for 6:30 p.m Wednesday at the community center.
- Mommy and Me Yoga is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Plum center. Cost is $5 per class.
The class is designed for children ages birth through 5 years old with their parents or caregivers. Learn basic moves and stay for playtime and conversation after the class.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about community center programs.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .