Things happening in Oakmont and Plum this week
Need help finding something to do in Oakmont or Plum this week?
Here are some options:
• Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
• Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
• Somatics class is available 10:30-11:30 Thursday at the Oakmont library. Certified personal trainer Tom Capriotti will lead the class. Somatics is a series of soft movements that can help alleviate lower back, neck and shoulder pain.
Call 412-828-9532 or go to oakmontlibrary.org for more information on library programs.
• Natural Wonder, the Ultimate Stevie Wonder Experience, will perform at the Oaks Theater 7:30 p.m. Friday at 310 Allegheny Ave. Tickets range from $27.50 to $35.50. Call 888-718-4253 or go to theoakstheater.com for tickets and more information.
• STEAM Story Time at the Plum Community Library is set for 1-1:45 p.m. Tuesday at 445 Center-New Texas Road.
The program is designed for 4 and 5 year olds to learn more about science, technology, engineering, art and math.
• Preschool Pals, a story and craft time for 3-5 year olds is scheduled for 11-11:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Plum library.
Registration is required for both Plum library activities. Go to plumlibrary.org.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .