Things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week
Looking for things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are some suggestions:
- Plum Community Center offers line dancing 10 a.m. Thursday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
- Tai chi is scheduled for 6:30 p.m Wednesday at the community center.
- Mommy and Me Yoga is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Plum center. Cost is $5 per class.
The class is designed for children ages birth through 5 years old with their parents or caregivers. Learn basic moves and stay for playtime and conversation after the class.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about community center programs.
- Circle of Stitchers will meet at the Plum Community Library from 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at 449 Center New Texas Road. Knitters, crocheters and stitchers of every kind are invited to meet and share their techniques and resources.
Call 412-798-7323 for more information about Plum library programs.
- Oakmont Carnegie Library offers Baby Lap Sit, a story and song time for children ages 2 and younger 10:15-11 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd.
- Gentle Yoga with Cora Fetchko is set for 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. No registration is necessary. Participants should wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat or towel.
- Summer Book Buddies Story Time is set for 10:30-11:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont library. It is designed for children ages birth through 5 with a caregiver. There will be playtime and a craft along with a story.
- Zumba with Kara Steiner usually scheduled for Wednesday is canceled.
- Tai Chi with Jeri McCutcheon usually scheduled for Thursdays is canceled.
Call 412-828-9532 for more information about Oakmont library programs.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .