Things to do in Plum and Oakmont this week
Plum and Oakmont have a lot of different activities going on this week.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Oakmont Carnegie Library hosts Gentle Yoga with instructor Cora Fetchko 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. The program is suitable for all levels and no registration is necessary.
- Meditation with a Monk is set for 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. Join the monks from Natrona Height’s Pittsburgh Buddhist Center for an hour of relaxing meditation. The program is offered every Tuesday evening.
- Zumba with Kara Steiner is from 6:15-7 p.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont library. The dance fitness class is designed to keep people of all skill levels moving. No registration is required.
- Tai Chi with Jeri McCutcheon is offered from 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Oakmont library. It is a beginner’s class, free and open to the public. The class is designed to increase energy, reduce stress, improve balance and build coordination. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and flat sole shoes.
Call 412-828-9532 for more information about Oakmont library programs.
- Plum Community Center offers a new tai chi class from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday at 449 Center New Texas Road. Participants are encouraged to wear loose fitting clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Line dancing classes are taught at the center starting at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
- Mommy & Me Yoga, a class for parents and caregivers and children ages birth to 5, is offered 10-11 a.m. Thursdays at the center. Learn basic moves and stay for playtime and conversation. Cost is $5 per class. Free coffee will be served.
Call 412-795-2330 or visit plumcommunitycenter.org for more information about Plum Community Center programs.
- Plum Community Library offers STEAM Story Time from 1-1:45 p.m. Thursday at 445 Center New Texas Road. The event incorporates science, technology, engineering, art and math. It’s designed for children ages 4 and 5.
- Preschool Pals, playtime for children ages 3-5 at the Plum library, is set for 11-11:45 a.m. Thursday. This week’s theme is Valentine’s Day. Enjoy stories, singing, rhymes, games and crafts.
- The Plum library’s Life Writers group will meet 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday. Join in and work on writing the stories of your life.
Call 412-798-7323 or go to plumlibrary.org for more information on Plum library programs.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .