Things to do in Plum and Oakmont this week
Having trouble finding things to do in Oakmont and Plum this week?
Here are some suggestions:
- Oakmont Carnegie Library at 700 Allegheny River Blvd. hosts stitching and other artwork by Greensburg artist and Navy veteran Duffy Greba. She uses quilting to create pictures and other household items, which will be on display all month. Email [email protected] for more information.
- The library offers Baby Lap Sit, a story and song time for children ages 2 and younger 10:15-11 a.m. Tuesday.
- Gentle Yoga with Cora Fetchko is set for 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Oakmont library. No registration is necessary. Participants should wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat or towel.
- Summer Book Buddies Story Time is set for 10:30-11:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont library. It is designed for children ages birth through 5 with a caregiver. There will be playtime and a craft along with a story.
Call 412-828-9532 for more information about Oakmont library programs.
- Plum Community Center offers line dancing 10 a.m. Thursday at 499 Center New Texas Road.
- Tai chi is scheduled for 6:30 p.m Wednesday at the community center.
- Mommy and Me Yoga is set for 10-11 a.m. Thursday at the Plum center. Cost is $5 per class. The class is designed for children ages birth through 5 years old with their parents or caregivers. Learn basic moves and stay for playtime and conversation after the class.
Call 412-795-2330 for more information about community center programs.
Plum Community Library from 10 a.m. to noon and from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at 449 Center New Texas Road.
Michael DiVittorio is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Michael at 412-871-2367, [email protected] or via Twitter .