$10K reward offered for information on several suspicious fires in Indiana County
A $10,000 reward is being offered to anyone with information about several suspicious fires that have occurred in Indiana County since last year.
The most recent blaze happened March 28 at a barn on Barnard Road in Dayton.
According to a news release from The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, most of the fires took place at unoccupied or abandoned barns and buildings, with the exception of those at Harmony Grove Lutheran Church in Creekside and the Amish Furniture store in West Mahoning Township.
All have been deemed suspicious or incendiary in nature.
The fires occurred as follows:
• Aug. 9, 2018 – Farmhouse/Garage – Alabran Road, Smicksburg
• Dec. 15, 2018 – Barn – Wolf Road, Smicksburg
• Dec. 21, 2018 – Barn – State Route 954, Creekside
• Dec. 29, 2018 – Garage/Shed fire – Bailey Road, Washington Township
• Dec. 29, 2018 – Storage Building – Whitaker & Rudolph Road, North Mahoning Township
• Jan. 25, 2019 – Amish Furniture Store, Stephenson Road, West Mahoning Township
• Feb. 26, 2019 – Harmony Grove Lutheran Church, 5 Points Road, Creekside
• March 20, 2019 – Brush Fire – Getty and Pollock Roads, East Mahoning Township
• March 28, 2019 – Barn Fire – Barnard Road, Dayton
The ATF is offering reward of $8,000 for information leading to the identification and arrest of the individuals responsible. Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers is offering an additional $2,000 reward.
Anyone with information should call the ATF 24/7 hotline at 1-888-ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477), the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-4-PA-TIPS, or email [email protected] /submit tips via online www.pacrimestoppers.org.
Tips can be submitted anonymously using the Reportit app, or by visiting www.reportit.com, using the Philadelphia Field Division as the location.
The investigation is being conducted jointly by the ATF Pittsburgh Field Office of the Philadelphia Field Division and the Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal.
Madasyn Czebiniak is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Madasyn at 724-226-4702, [email protected] or via Twitter .