Bob Evans recalls pork sausage products for possible contamination
Bob Evans Farms is recalling some of its pork sausage products sold in retail stores because they may have been contaminated with plastic.
The United States Department of Agriculture posted the recall of nearly 47,000 pounds of pork sausage link products Wednesday, citing they may have been contaminated with extraneous materials including clear hard plastic.
The problem was discovered when the company received consumer complaints of extraneous material in the products.
The products were produced on Aug. 1, 2018 and are in packages under the brands Bob Evans Farms, Meijer, Schnucks and Giant Eagle.
The following products are subject to recall:
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “Bob Evans Maple Pork Sausage Links.” These products contain a use-by date of Oct. 16, 2018 or Oct. 19, 2018, and lot code of 8213
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “Bob Evans Brown Sugar & Honey.” These products contain a use-by date of Oct. 16, 2018, and lot code of 8213
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “Fresh From Meijer Maple Flavored Sausage Links.” These products contain a use-by date of Sept. 06, 2018, and lot code of 8213
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “Giant Eagle Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage Links Caramel Color Added.” These products contain a use-by date of Sept. 10, 2018, and lot code of 8213
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “Schnucks Maple Recipe Breakfast Sausage.” These products contain a lot code of 8213
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST 6785.” These items were shipped to retail locations in Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider. Consumers should check their freezers to make sure they aren’t storing any of these products. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
Consumers with questions may send inquires to consumer relations for Bob Evans Farms at 1-800-939-2338.
Emily Balser is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Emily at 724-226-4680, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @emilybalser.