Walmart holding spring wellness event at Pittsburgh-area stores
Walmart will be offering free health screenings at all of its stores in southwestern Pennsylvania on Saturday.
The screenings will be available between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., the company announced.
Services and information that will be offered include:
• Free total cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose and body mass index screenings
• Free consultations with pharmacists to help answer important health questions
• Free vision screenings at select locations
• Low-cost immunizations, with most insurance plans accepted
• Nutrition information
• Opioid awareness materials
Walmart has conducted more than 3 million free screenings during the wellness events, which have been held in its stores across the country since 2014.
“These screenings have helped customers discover and begin to manage underlying issues like high blood pressure and diabetes — and, in some cases, the screenings have saved customers’ lives,” the company said in a release.
Brian C. Rittmeyer is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Brian at 724-226-4701, [email protected] or via Twitter .