Highlands School Board approves new hires, resignations
Highlands School Board has approved several personnel moves ahead of the start of the new school year.
The board hired three people:
• Drew Karpen has been approved as the district’s new athletic and transportation director, retroactive to July 22. His salary was set at $65,000.
• Theresa Bargh was approved as a full-year, long-term substitute speech and language pathologist, starting on Aug. 26. Her salary was set at $48,500.
• Jennifer Wofford was hired as an accounts payable secretary in the business office, effective July 29. She’ll be paid $16.70 per hour.
Michele Bloch was renewed as the school board’s secretary until June 30, 2020, for which she receives a $10,000 stipend.
Chrisanne Clink was transferred into an open custodial position at Highlands Early Childhood Center, effective July 31. She’ll be paid $22.90 per hour.
The board accepted two retirements:
• Tina Gearhard retired as a paraprofessional from Highlands Early Childhood Center, effective June 7.
• Kimberly Griffith retired as a custodian from Highlands Support Center, effective Aug. 1.
The board accepted four resignations:
• Rachel Trusik resigned as a paraprofessional at Highlands Elementary School, effective July 30.
• Danielle Britton is resigning as home and school visitor and attendance officer, effective Sept. 13.
• Lindsay Cable is resigned as a seventh grade English teacher at Highlands Middle School, effective Aug. 6.
• Christina Kurtz is resigned as a computer teacher at Highlands Middle School, effective Aug. 13.
Highlands students return to classes on Aug. 29.
Brian C. Rittmeyer is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Brian at 724-226-4701, [email protected] or via Twitter .