Volunteers raising money for Upper Burrell’s Clark family
Upper Burrell volunteer firefighters are planning a benefit dinner to help a family known for helping others that was displaced by a fire last month.
The Clark family’s house at 205 Rocky Lane house was damaged by an accidental fire on May 18.
Nine fire departments fought the blaze. It has created challenges for the Clarks.
The family includes Chad Clark, who has been assistant chief and president for the fire company, his wife Carolyn, and their three children.
Valerie, 17, is attending Burrell High School and plans to go to college. Cole, 15, is a junior firefighter who wrestles and plays football for Burrell High School. Brooke, 11, is a cheerleader for Flyers Football.
Family friend and fellow Upper Burrell volunteer Mary Stoltz said a benefit spaghetti dinner will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Aug. 3 at the Markle Fire Hall.
The price will be $9 for adults and $5 for children younger than 12. Stoltz said firefighters are seeking gift cards and items to offer for a silent auction.
Chuck Biedka is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Chuck at 724-226-4711, [email protected] or via Twitter .