Bands play on through Diamond renovation in Ligonier
Sounds of ongoing reconstruction of Ligonier's central Diamond intersection won't drown out the sound of music this summer.
The 69th annual Summer Band Concert Series instead will shift from the Diamond bandstand to the adjacent first block of East Main Street. As in the past, concerts will begin at 7 p.m. Sundays and move into the nearby Town Hall auditorium in case of bad weather.
Local Boy Scouts help with the events.
The Jeannette Community Band , which has more then 50 members and is marking its 30th year of performance, will perform this Sunday.
Bands slated for the rest of the season include:
• Blairsville Community Band, June 17;
• Allegheny Brass Band, June 24;
• Scottdale Area Concert Band, July 1;
• Kiski Valley Community Band, July 8;
• Delmont Concert Band, July 15;
• Penn Trafford Community Band, July 22;
• Community Band South, July 29;
• Big Fat Jazz, Aug. 5;
• East Winds Symphonic Band, Aug. 12;
• Wally Gingers Orchestra, Aug. 19;
• Somerset County Community Band, Aug. 26.
The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce lists a full calendar of events on its webiste.
The Diamond renovation project is expected to finish in time for Fort Ligonier Days festival in October.
Jeff Himler is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at 724-836-6622, email@example.com or via Twitter @jhimler_news.