Westmoreland happenings - Sept. 17 and beyond
• YWCA Westmoreland County’s Technology Center, 424 N. Main St., Greensburg, plans these October classes: Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook 2016, Microsoft Word 2016-beginner and intermediates; Computer Basics, Microsoft Excel 2016 - beginners and intermediate; Introduction to Google Docs and Sheets; smartphones/tablets, Facebook for 50 plus; ID Theft 101, Microsoft Publisher 2016; Details: 724-834-9390.
• Programs at Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, 237 S. Pennsylvania Ave.:
— Block party for ages 2-6 and siblings, 6-7 p.m. Monday.
— Homeschoolers ages 5-10 and siblings, 1 p.m. Thursday.
— Chess club for ages 8 and older, 10 a.m. Saturday.
• Constitution Day with a lecture by Professor Mark David Hall hosted by Saint Vincent College Center for Political and Economic Thought of the Alex G. McKenna School of Business, Economics and Government, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Fred M. Rogers Center, 300 Fraser Purchase Road, Latrobe. His talk is titled “Why Tolerate Religion? The Rise and Fall of Religious Liberty in America.” Details: firstname.lastname@example.org .edu.
• Harry Potter Day is planned at 3:45 p.m. movie screening and 6 p.m. activities and crafts Thursday in Adams Memorial Library, 1112 Ligonier St., Latrobe. Registration required at 724-537-4383.
• Fish fry is planned 3-7 p.m. Friday in A.V. Germano Hall, 100 W. Second St., Derry. Dinners: $10, also a la carte menu. Details: 724-689-5374.
• Latrobe Lion’s Club’s annual fall broom sale, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday behind Dino’s Sports Lounge and the Lincoln Road Shopping Center. Benefits the blind and services to the community.
• ABF & Pet Friends “Golf Fore Pawz” is planned with registration 9 a.m., 10 a.m. shotgun start Oct. 6 at Champion Lakes Golf Course, Route 711, Bolivar. Cost: $100, $400 for foursome or $20 for dinner only. Details: 412-889-7132, 412-558-2184 or allbutfurgotten.com.
• Jeannette Senior High School Class of 1963 will hold its class reunion 2 p.m., Saturday in M&S Club, 315 Cort St., Jeannette. Details: 724-832-8018.
• Greensburg College Club will host a centennial party for members and invited guests 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday in Greensburg Garden and Civic Center, 951 Old Salem Road.
• Free summer concert series hosted by Westmoreland County Bureau of Parks and Recreation at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Katelyn Rose (country); 7 p.m. Willow Hill (country) at Brian T. Rusnock Amphitheater at Twin Lakes Park, 194 Donohoe Road, Hempfield. Details: 724-830-3950 or co.westmoreland.pa.us/parks.
• Car show is planned noon-4 p.m. Saturday in Penn Township Municipal Park, 2001 Municipal Court, Harrison City. Registration is $5. The event will feature music and festival booths. Details: 724-744-2171 or ptarc.org.
• Crafters wanted for holiday crafts for a show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 4 in Youngwood Fire Hall, 104 S. Second St. $25 for an 8 ft table or 2 for $40. Deadline is Sept. 20. Details: 724-925-2480 or PKling5504@aol.com.
• These meals will be served:
— Spaghetti dinner, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday , St. Rose Church, Hillview Avenue, Latrobe. Cost: $7, $4 for kids 6-12, free for children under 6. 50/50, basket raffle and lottery tickets will be sold. Take outs available. Details: 724-532-2039.
— Pancake and sausage breakfast, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday at First United Methodist Church, 15 E. Second St., Greensburg. Cost: $8 or $4 for children under 10. Details: 724-834-3111.
• Fall rummage sale is planned 8 a.m. -6 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday at Heritage United Methodist Church on the Diamond in Ligonier. The kitchen will be open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday.
• The Youth/College Ministry of Greater Parkview Church will host a special service entitled “Turn Up to Jesus” at 4 p.m. Saturday in the church, 103 Westminster Ave., Greensburg. Details: 724-396-6978 or 724-953-4729.
Submissions from nonprofit or not-for-profit organizations for Briefly Speaking and Club News can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 724-838-5171 or mailed to 622 Cabin Hill Drive, Greensburg, PA 15601-1657. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee. Information: 724-836-4970.