Greensburg ArtsWalk draws crowds downtown
Thousands of people were expected Saturday for Greensburg ArtsWalk — the second-annual event that featured performances, exhibitions and other art activities at 17 downtown locations.
Westmoreland Cultural Trust served as co-presenter of the ArtsWalk with The Westmoreland Museum of American Art.
Scheduled highlights included:
• Arts in the Alley: Live entertainment by Stage Right Sensations, Aubrey Burchell, Safety Last and more; art demonstrations; caricatures and face painting; children’s activities including print-making and scavenger hunt.
• Westmoreland Cultural Trust’s Incubator for the Arts: Open studio hours with 10 artists.
• The Westmoreland: Live music, FitnessEnvi class, Modern Mobility Improv dance sessions, viewing of the featured exhibitions, “Mingled Visions” and “Family Tree Project.”
• Seton Hill University Arts Center: Open studio, senior student gallery shows, sticker workshop, sale of student art and 3-D printing, laser etching and foundry pour demonstrations.
• Greensburg Hempfield Area Library: Artwork by Janice Decker, read-a-thon and program on “Scots-Irish Heritage.”
• Greensburg Art Center: “Our Teaching Artists” exhibition
• Caffe Barista: Wine glass-painting demonstration, live music
• Dv8 Espresso Bar & Gallery: “Double Exposure” photography exhibition, live music
• Major Stokes: Seton Hill student art exhibit
• Pennsylvania Avenue parklet: Art activities
• Pottery Playhouse: Free pottery sessions
• The Rialto: Live art and music
• Serenity Bead Shop and Studio: Children’s jewelry craft, art exhibit
• YWCA Thrift Shop: Display of Unity Poster Contest entries
Other participating merchants include Artisans of Hands & Heart, Beeghly & Co. Jewelers, Crossroads Boutique & Cattiva and McFeely’s Gourmet Chocolate.