Greensburg cafe owners plan next step after fire
Eric Bevan said he’s not sure what’s next after his Greensburg cafe went up in flames.
An electrical fire gutted Bean & Baguette at 248 W. Otterman St. early Saturday.
After a difficult weekend, Bevan and his wife, Alexis Bevan, are still trying to figure things out.
“We would love to reopen, but at this point we need to wait and see,” he said.
He leases the building from his father-in-law. He said he planned to meet with an insurance adjuster Tuesday and plan next steps from there.
The electrical fire started on the first floor around 4 a.m. Saturday, quickly spreading to the second floor and the attic, according to the Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department.
It was extinguished later that morning.
That night, the Bevans posted on the Bean and Baguette Facebook page to tell their customers about the fire.
“We are closed indefinitely and want to thank our loyal customers for the last three amazing years,” they wrote.
They also thanked firefighters for preventing the damage from spreading .
Almost 200 people responded with comments of support.
Seeing the community rally around the cafe was one of the weekend’s only silver linings, Eric Bevan said.
“We had a great customer base, but we never realized how far it reached,” he said.
Bean and Baguette opened in 2016. It served a mix of traditional cafe fare and Mediterranean food.
Jacob Tierney is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Jacob at 724-836-6646, [email protected] or via Twitter .