Loyalhanna house destroyed by fire | TribLIVE.com

Loyalhanna house destroyed by fire

Joe Napsha

A Loyalhanna Township house was destroyed early Sunday morning when a grease fire in the kitchen spread out of control, a fire official said.

Saltsburg Fire Chief John Dice said the house on Moween Road in the village of Moween was fully engulfed in flames when he arrived on the scene.

The fire, reported at 12:30 a.m., started when the homeowner was cooking French fries. The grease fire caught the kitchen on fire and it spread throughout the house, Dice said.

Dice said no one was reported injured in the fire, which took firefighters about two hours to bring under control. Firefighters were at the scene until about 4 a.m., Dice said.

The family did not have insurance on the house, Dice said.

A report from Tribune-Review news partner WPXI-TV said the family intended to stay with relatives.

Saltsburg firefighters were assisted by units from New Alexandria, Bell Township and Slickville.

Joe Napsha is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Joe at 724-836-5252, [email protected] or via Twitter .

TribLIVE commenting policy

You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.

We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.

While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.

We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers

We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.

We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.

We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.

We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.