Loyalhanna house destroyed by fire
A Loyalhanna Township house was destroyed early Sunday morning when a grease fire in the kitchen spread out of control, a fire official said.
Saltsburg Fire Chief John Dice said the house on Moween Road in the village of Moween was fully engulfed in flames when he arrived on the scene.
The fire, reported at 12:30 a.m., started when the homeowner was cooking French fries. The grease fire caught the kitchen on fire and it spread throughout the house, Dice said.
Dice said no one was reported injured in the fire, which took firefighters about two hours to bring under control. Firefighters were at the scene until about 4 a.m., Dice said.
The family did not have insurance on the house, Dice said.
A report from Tribune-Review news partner WPXI-TV said the family intended to stay with relatives.
Saltsburg firefighters were assisted by units from New Alexandria, Bell Township and Slickville.
Joe Napsha is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Joe at 724-836-5252, [email protected] or via Twitter .