Sisters displaced by Latrobe house fire
Two sisters were displaced after fire ravaged a house on Avenue D in Latrobe during the early hours of Saturday morning.
Latrobe fire Chief John Brasile said with the help of the state police fire marshal, crews were able to track the ignition source to an overloaded junction box in the home’s attic.
“We found where it started, and where it ran, but we couldn’t initially find the ignition source,” Brasile said. “It probably took us a good hour or so to get complete control of it.
“We had to open walls, and once it breached the roof, we were able to get a better handle on chasing it.”
Brasile said that while first responders were able to stop the fire on one side of the house, it likely became a total loss when the roof partially collapsed.
“There was a lot of damage in there,” he said.
The fire was reported shortly after 4 a.m. Saturday.
Patrick Varine is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Patrick at 724-850-2862, [email protected] or via Twitter .