Penn Township officials approve road paving list
Penn Township officials estimate they will spend $1.36 million this year to repave 12 roads.
Commissioners decided not to include Boyd Road, which trimmed $76,470 from the project budget.
Officials awarded A. Folino Construction a contract for $609,495 to complete pavement milling and repaving on Waugaman and Long.
Meanwhile, the township will pay Donegal Construction $30,959 to do the milling work on the remaining 10 streets, but Penn Township road workers will use municipal-owned equipment and previously ordered materials to do the paving.
During a special meeting on May 28, commissioners decided projects will be done on:
• Waugaman Road, from Harrison City-Export Road to Hyland Road.
• Long Road, from Route 130 to Seanor Road.
• Holland Road, from School Road South to Harrison City-Export Road.
• Slack Road, from the 140 block to Bouquet Road.
• Gombach Road, from the 1100 block to Blank Road.
• Fourteenth Street, from Route 130 to the township border in Jeannette.
• Gongaware Road, from Route 993 to Watt Road.
• Cypress Court, from Murrysville Road to Level Green Elementary School.
• Cherry Drive, from Route 130 to Jane Street.
• Saunders Station Road, from Route 130 to Home Drive.
• Autumn Drive, from Shady Drive to McWilliams Road.
• Shady Drive, from Murrysville Road to Autumn Drive.
Chris Foreman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8671, or firstname.lastname@example.org.