— Noon-5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Christ United Methodist Church, 201 Market St., Scottdale
— Noon-6 p.m. Thursday, Excela Square, Norwin, 8775 Norwin Ave., Irwin
— 1-5:30 p.m., Saturday, New Life Tabernacle, 851 S. Center Ave., Hunker
— 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Monday, Excela Square at Frick, 508 South Church St., Mt. Pleasant
— 12:30-5 p.m., May 28, American Legion Post 515, 1811 Ligonier St., Latrobe
Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org; walk-ins welcome
• Mall Walkers is a collaboration between Excela Health and Westmoreland Mall, Route 30, Greensburg. They will host a program on cardiovascular health with doors opening at 8 a.m., program at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. Walkers are welcome year-round in the hours before the mall opens for business. The fourth Thursday of each month, Excela Health sponsors a free heart-healthy continental breakfast, blood pressure screenings, door prize drawings and educational, health-related presentations. Details: 877-771-1234
• Diabetes Management – It’s a numbers game program is planned 10 a.m.-noon June 1 in Excela Square at Frick, 508 S, Church St., Mt. Pleasant. Register by May 24 at 877-771-1234
• Cooking for Crowds will be offered 9 a.m.-noon June 1 at Markle Volunteer Fire Department, 470 Joyce St., Apollo. Cost: $25, or $50 per organization for up to four participants and an additional $5 for each additional person. Participants will receive a certificate of completion from Penn State Extension and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Register by May 29 at 877-345-0691 or extension.psu.edu/cooking-for-crowds
• Grief Without the Stigma meetings will be held 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com.
• These support groups will meet in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg:
— Stroke survivors and their families/caregivers, 6- 7 p.m. May 28
— Bariatric education and support, 6 p.m. May 29
• Family Reinforcement/ Recovery Session for information and guidance for those dealing with addiction in the family, along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com.
• Blackburn Center Against Domestic & Sexual Violence has a support group for victims of intimate partner violence that meets on a weekly basis. If you are a victim of domestic violence and would like to learn more about this support group or about in-person counseling and advocacy services, call 24-Hour Hotline: 724-836-1122 or 1-888-832-2272 for more information. All services are free.
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].