• Breastfeeding Success class is planned 6-8:30 p.m. Thursday. The class will meet in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234
• Bariatric community meeting at 6-7:30 p.m. today, Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234
• Grief Without the Stigma meeting will be held 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Westmoreland Inc. is offering information meetings 10:30 a.m.-noon, Saturday and Aug. 17. The July meeting will be held at the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library, 237 S. Pennsylvania Ave., and the August meeting will be held at Adams Memorial Library, 1112 Ligonier St., Latrobe. These meetings are for anyone interested in attending the fall training class, or anyone who would simply like to learn more about the program.
CASA is a nonprofit, judicial volunteer program that helps to ensure that the child’s voice is a part of the court’s decision regarding what is in his or her best future interest. The goal for every foster child is that they achieve a safe, permanent, and nurturing home. CASA advocates report to the court about the status of services that are in place to address the needs of a child in care and how the child is faring in his or her current placement, school environment and more.
Light refreshments will be provided at the information meetings. Registration is not required. Must be at least 21 years of age. Details: 724-850-6874
• Family Reinforcement/Recovery Session for information and guidance for family members who need to deal with addiction in the family along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 4th Street, Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Liver support group meets at 6:30-8 p.m. Monday in Hempfield Church of Christ, 144 Hugh Black Road, Hempfield. The group provides emotional support and discussion on ongoing research for those living with liver disease. Details: 877-771-1234
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].