• American Red Cross will host these blood drives:
— 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Westmoreland County Courthouse, 2 N. Main St., Greensburg
— 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Latrobe Presbyterian Church, 428 Main St., Latrobe
Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org; walk-ins welcome
• Vitalant, formerly Central Blood Bank, will host a blood drive 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Ligonier Camp and Conference Center, 188 McCarthy Lane, Ligonier. Appointments: 877-258-4825 or vitalant.org
• Childbirth and Beyond, a two-week class meets from 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays beginning July 17 in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Weekend version is planned 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday in Excela Square at Latrobe, 100 Excela Health Drive.
• Breastfeeding Success, a weekender version is planned 9-11:30 a.m. Saturday at Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg.
• Tours of the Family Additions Maternity Center is planned 2 p.m. Sunday in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234.
• Medical Marijuana Educational Forum by PA Compassionate Caregivers is planned 6 p.m. July 23 in Adams Memorial Library, 1112 Ligonier St., Latrobe. Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program provides access for patients with specific medical conditions. Panelists from PA Compassionate Caregivers will give an overview of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, followed by questions and answers. Program is free. Registration: 724-539-1972
• Pittsburgh Area Neuropathy Support Group, 6 p.m. Wednesday , Brush Creek Lutheran Church, 177 Brush Creek Road, Irwin; speaker: stem cell research and how it may help with peripheral neuropathy.
• Substance abuse victims and their families can join the Substance Addiction Ministry at 6:30 pm Wednesday in St. Agnes Convent, 11400 St. Agnes Lane, North Huntingdon. The ministry offers prayer, presentation, support, and resources. The ministry is offered the third Wednesday of every month. Details: 412-337-7455 or [email protected]
• Stroke survivors and their families/caregivers, 6-7 p.m. July 23 in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234
• An open support group is a unique and informal opportunity for self-help, sharing and caring by and for people with mental health concerns. The meeting is held from 7-9 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Mental Health America of Southwestern PA, 409 Coulter Ave., Greensburg. Details: 724-834-6351, ext. 118
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].