• American Red Cross will host these blood drives:
— 12:30-6 p.m. Friday, Norwin Christian Church, 9610 Barnes Lake Road, Irwin
— 12:30-5 p.m. Monday , American Legion Post 515, 1811 Ligonier St., Latrobe
Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcross blood.org; walk-ins welcome
• AARP Smart Drivers Refresher Course for all motorists age 50 and older is planned from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 5 in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Cost: $20 or $15 for AARP members. Registration: 877-771-1234 or excelahealth.org
• Grief Without the Stigma meetings will be held 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sages army.com
• Family Reinforcement/Recovery Session for information and guidance for family members who need to deal with addiction in the family along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg will host a bariatric education and support for those how have had surgery for those in the process meets 6 p.m. July 31. Details: 877-771-1234
• Al Anon meeting at 7 p.m. every Monday at 936 W. Main St., Mt. Pleasant.
• Blackburn Center Against Domestic & Sexual Violence has a support group for victims of intimate partner violence that meets on a weekly basis. If you are a victim of domestic violence and would like to learn more about this support group or about in-person counseling and advocacy services, call our 24-hour hotline: 724-836-1122 or 1-888-832-2272 for more information. All services are free.
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].