• American Red Cross will host these blood drives:
— 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. today, Excela Square at Latrobe, 100 Excela Health Drive
— 1-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Community United Methodist Church, Route 130, Irwin
— Noon-4:30 p.m. Friday, Export Italian American Club, 5930 Kennedy Ave.
— 1-5 p.m. Monday, Levin Furniture Store, Route 30, Hempfield
— 12:30-6 p.m. Monday, Westmoreland Manor, 2480 South Grande Blvd., Greensburg
— 1-5:30 p.m. Monday , Excela Square at Frick, 508 S. Church St., Mt. Pleasant
Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org; walk-ins welcome
• Grief Without the Stigma meeting will be held 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14 in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sages army.com
• Excela Health offers a variety of options for those dealing with grief and loss:
— Monthly group for men only, 11 a.m.-noon today, Kings Restaurant, Route 30, Hempfield, or 1-2:30 p.m. Aug. 14, Bud Murphy’s, 718 McCormick Ave., Connellsville
— Compassionate Friends, intended for those who have experienced the death of a child, 7-9 p.m. Monday , Excela Square at Frick, 508 S. Church St., Mt. Pleasant
• Chronic pain support group meets from 6-8 p.m. Thursday in Excela Latrobe Hospital. Details: 877-771-1234
• Family Reinforcement/Recovery Session for information and guidance for family members who need to deal with addiction in the family along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Caregiver support group, 1-3 p.m. Aug. 14, hosted by the Westmoreland County Area Agency on Aging in McKenna Center for Active Adults, 971 Old Salem Road, Greensburg. Reservations preferred: 724-830-1827 or 800-442-8000
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].