• American Red Cross will host these blood drives:
— 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Star Auto Mall, Route 30, Hempfield
— 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday, St. Vincent Parish Grove, 320 Monastery Drive, Unity
— 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday , New Alexandria Senior Center for Active Adults, 207 W. Main St.
Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org; walk-ins welcome
• “Little Alex’s” blood drive is planned 1-7 p.m. Aug. 22 at Christian Life Church, 900 Seventh St. Trafford. Details: 412-856-4420
• Tours of the Family Additions Maternity Center is planned 2 p.m. Sunday in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234
• Childbirth and Beyond, a two-week class meets from 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Aug. 21 in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg.
• Breastfeeding Success, a weekender version is planned 9-11:30 a.m. Saturday at Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg
• Grief Without the Stigma meeting will be held 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com.
• Blackburn Center Against Domestic & Sexual Violence has a support group for victims of intimate partner violence that meets on a weekly basis. If you are a victim of domestic violence and would like to learn more about this support group or about in-person counseling and advocacy services, call the 24-Hour Hotline: 724-836-1122 or 1-888-832-2272 for more information. All services are free.
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].