• Central Blood Bank:
— 1-6 p.m. Wednesday, Champion Christian School, 1076 King’s Way, Donegal
— 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday, University of Pittsburgh-Greensburg, 150 Finoli Drive
Appointments: 866-366-6711 or centralblood bank.org
• Highmark PALS Group meets every first Monday of the month at 10 a.m. in McKenna Center for Active Adults, 971 Old Salem Road, Greensburg. The group knits and crochets lap robes to donate to nursing and personal care homes.
• Excela Health will offer Wellness Check diagnostic screening in partnership with Delmont-Salem Rotary, 6:30-9:30 a.m. Saturday in Westmoreland County Community College, 6707 Mellon Road, Export. Cost: $45 for standard package. Appointments may be scheduled 10 a.m.-3 p.m. through Friday at 877-771-1234 or excelahealth.org/WellnessChecks.
• An ongoing support group for those who lost loved ones to an overdose meets monthly 7-8 p.m., last Wednesday of each month. Mental Health America of Southwestern PA, 409 Coulter Ave., Suite 4, Greensburg.
• Family Reinforcement/Recovery Session for information and guidance for family members who need to deal with addiction in the family along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• An informal “open” support group for those who have suffered the suicide death of a loved one. L.O.S.S. offers the opportunity for sharing, support and encouragement for anyone who has experienced the unique and profound grief of losing a loved one to suicide. Meetings are held 6:30-8:30 p.m. monthly first Tuesday of each month in Mental Health America of Southwestern PA, 409 Coulter Avenue, Greensburg. Details: 724-834-6351 ext. 118
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].