American Red Cross will host these blood drives:
— 11 a.m.-4 p.m. today , American Legion Post 515, 1811 Ligonier St., Latrobe
— 12:30-5 p.m. Wednesday , Greensburg Country Club, 309 Pleasant Valley Road, Hempfield
— 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Greensburg Hose Company #7, 619 E. Pittsburgh St.
— 12:30-6 p.m. Monday, First Presbyterian Church, 300 S. Main St., Greensburg
Appointments: 1-800 733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
Vitalant, formerly Central Blood Bank, will host these blood drives:
— 9 a.m.-3 p.m. today, Westmoreland Casemanagement, 770 E. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg
— 1-7 p.m. April 4, Masonic Lodge 225, 349 Donohoe Road, Hempfield
Appointments: 877-258-4825 or vitalant.org
• These classes will meet in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg:
— Family and friends CPR, 6-9 p.m. today
— Two-part Infant Care class, 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesday and April 10
— Breastfeeding Success, 6-8:30 p.m. Thursday
• Grief Without the Stigma meetings will be held 6:30 p.m. second and fourth Wednesday in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Free hernia seminar and screening 10 a.m.-noon April 13, Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Registration is required by April 8 at 877-771-1234
• Information on Narcotics Anonymous, a 12-step drug addiction recovery program modeled after Alcoholics Anonymous, is available at 888-251-2426
• Excela Health offers a variety of options for those dealing with grief and loss:
— Compassionate Friends, intended for those who have experienced the death of a child, 7-9 p.m. Monday, Excela Square at Frick, 508 S. Church St., Mt. Pleasant
— Monthly group for men only, 1-2:30 p.m. April 10, Bud Murphy’s, 718 McCormick Ave., Connellsville
— Six-week Coping With Loss group 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Trinity Lutheran Church, 331 Weldon St., Latrobe
— Six-week Grief Activity Workshop featuring yoga, 4 p.m. Thursdays beginning April 25, Our Clubhouse, Route 30 East, Greensburg
There are a ton of social networking websites. But one stands apart for a very special reason — this one saves lives. It’s MatchingDonors.com. MatchingDonors.com links organ donors with people in need of kidney and other transplants. In the United States, 22 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant. Most of them for kidneys. If you’ve ever considered becoming a living organ donor or if you are someone in need of an organ transplant, visit MatchingDonors.com.
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].