Health happenings for the week of Sept. 23
• American Red Cross will host these blood drives:
— Noon-5:30 p.m., Wednesday , First United Methodist Church of Irwin, 310 Oak St.
— 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 2, University of Pittsburgh Smith Hall Lounge, 150 Finoli Drive, Hempfield
Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org; walk-ins welcome
• Excela Health will offer a Wellness Check diagnostic screening in partnership with Mountain View Rotary 6:30-9:30 a.m. Saturday in Charter Oak Methodist Church, 449 Frye Farm Road, Unity. Cost: $55 for standard package. Appointments preferred and may be scheduled from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. through Friday at 877-771-1234 or excelahealth.org/WellnessChecks
• Stroke survivors and their families/caregivers, 6- 7 p.m. today in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234
• NAMI Peer Recovery support group meets 2:30-4 p.m. every Tuesday in Westmoreland Casemanagement & Supports Inc., 770 E. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. This peer-facilitated, recovery support group is for adults with mental illness or any diagnosis
• Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg will host a bariatric education and support for those who have had surgery and for those in the process meets 6 p.m. Wednesday. Details: 877-771-1234
• Family Reinforcement/Recovery Session for information and guidance for family members who need to deal with addiction in the family along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi, 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sage’s Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support Group for Caregivers meets 6-7 p.m. first Tuesday of each month in Senior LIFE, 123 Triangle Drive, Greensburg. Details: 724-836-8300
• LOSS (Lost Ones Stolen by Suicide) support group meets 6:30-8:30 p.m. first Tuesday of the month in Mental Health America of Westmoreland County, 409 Coulter Ave., Greensburg. Details: 724-834-6351
• Grief Without the Stigma meeting will be held 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• PALS Group meets every first Monday of the month at 10 a.m. in McKenna Center for Active Adults, 971 Old Salem Road, Greensburg. The group knits and crochets lap robes to donate to nursing and personal care homes. Details: 800-988-0706
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].