Health Happenings: Week of Nov. 11
• American Red Cross will host a blood drive 12:30-5 p.m. Thursday at Ascension Church, 621 Division St., Jeannette. Appointments: 800-733-2767 or redcross blood.org; walk-ins welcome
• WCCC is partnering with APPRISE, the Pennsylvania Health Insurance Assistance Program, to sponsor a free Medicare presentation about the basics of the system.
— 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Thursday, Norwin Library, 100 Caruthers Lane, North Huntingdon
— 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 19, Private Industry Council, 219 Donohoe Road, Hempfield
Registration is required at 724-925-4213.
• Excela Health and Boy Scouts of America, Westmoreland Fayette Council will continue the Explorer program at Excela hospitals 6-7:30 p.m. every third Wednesday of each month at Latrobe campus, Excela Latrobe Hospital, One Mellon Way. Register at wfbsa.org/exploring.
• Tours of the Family Additions Maternity Center is planned 2 p.m. Sunday in Excela Westmoreland Hospital, 532 W. Pittsburgh St., Greensburg. Details: 877-771-1234
• “Feel More Like You” program with a beauty consultant to talk about skin care and makeup to help people living with cancer manage the medical and physical changes associated with cancer treatments is planned 3-7 p.m. Nov. 21 in Our Clubhouse, 4893 State Route 30, Greensburg. Register at 724-221-6182 or ourclubhouse.org.
• Grief Without the Stigma meetings will be held 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and Nov. 27 in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 Fourth St., Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Excela Health will offer a Wellness Check diagnostic screening in partnership with Ligonier Volunteer Fire Department, 6:30-9:30 a.m. Saturday in Ligonier Town Hall, on the Diamond. Cost: $55 for standard package.
Appointments preferred and may be scheduled from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. through Friday at 877-771-1234 or excelahealth.org/Wellness.
• Chronic pain support group meets 6-8 p.m. Thursday in Excela Latrobe Hospital. Details: 877-771-1234
• Family Reinforcement/Recovery Session for information and guidance for family members who need to deal with addiction in the family along with ongoing support, held by Carmen Capozzi is planned 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Sages Army Headquarters, 216 4th Street, Irwin. Details: sagesarmy.com
• Westmoreland Liver Disease support group meets 6:30-8 p.m. Monday in Hempfield Church of Christ, 144 Hugh Black Road, Hempfield. Details: 877-771-1234
• An information session to become a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) volunteer is planned 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday in Adams Memorial Library, 1112 Ligonier St., Latrobe. Reservations: 724-850-6874
• Excela Health Home Care & Hospice will host a special workshop 2-4 p.m. Saturday in Excela Square at Latrobe, 100 Excela Health Drive. This free event is for adults as well as children, with special age-appropriate grief-oriented activities.
Registration required at 877-771-1234.
Shirley Taft is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-4970 or [email protected].