East Winds will host concert-band convention, nine free concerts
Members of the East Winds Symphonic Band recently received a proclamation from Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto in advance of April, which Peduto proclaimed a “Month of Music” in Pittsburgh.
East Winds will host the 38th annual Association of Concert Bands Convention, and will present nine free concerts at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall, 4141 Fifth Avenue in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood:
• River City Brass: March 30, 7:30 p.m.
• Youngstown Area Community Band, March 31, 7 p.m.
• West Hills Symphonic Band, March 31, 8:30 p.m.
• Allegheny Brass Band, April 1, 7 p.m.
• Fairfax Wind Symphony, April 1, 8:30 p.m.
• Macungie Band, April 2, 2:30 p.m.
• Bel Air Community Band, April 2, 4 p.m.
• ACB 2016 Convention Band, April 2, 7 p.m.
• East Winds Symphonic Band, April 2, 8:30 p.m.
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more, see ACB2016.org.