Sewickley's annual Harvest Festival set for Sept. 10
Sewickley's annual Harvest Festival is set for 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 10 on Broad Street, between Beaver and Thorn streets, and Thorn Street, between Broad and Chestnut streets.
The festival features about 140 vendors, craft booths, food, local organizations and more.
Entertainment includes The Bleil Brothers Quartet, 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.; Soulios, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.; Well Strung, 1 to 2 p.m.; Hear Tonight, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m.; and Newbabr, 3:30 to 5 p.m. John Tucci will perform the national anthem around 10 a.m.
The event is organized by the Quaker Valley Rotary Club and Kiwanis Club of Sewickley.
For more information, visit sewickleyborough.org.
In addition to the festival, several organizations have planned events for Sept. 10.
• St. Paul's Lutheran Church will hold a bake sale and luncheon on Sept. 10.
Bake sale begins at 7 a.m. Lunch is $4 and includes a hot dog, macaroni salad and soft drinks.
The event is held at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 616 Washington St. in Sewickley.
For more information call the church office at 412-741-8484.
• A Soul Food Celebration will be held Sept. 10 at St. Matthew A.M.E Zion Church, 345 Thorn St., Sewickley.
Menu includes entrees ribs (whole slab, half-slab or dinner) and chicken (four wings or dinner); side dishes of macaroni and cheese, collard greens and red beans and rice; and sweet potato pie.
The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. or until food sells out.
For more information, call 412-741-4239.
• The Friends of the Library will host a Harvest Book Sale from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 10 at Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St. In addition, the sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sept. 9 and from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Sept. 11.
• The Coast Guard Cutter Osage Station will offer boating safety information with volunteers of the Coast Guard Auxiliary near Broad and Thorn streets in Sewickley on Sept. 10.
• Sewickley Presbyterian Church will host its annual Day on the Lawn from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 10 at the church, 414, Grant St., Sewickley.
The annual church-wide rummage sale raises money toward mission work in the church, the community, nationally and internationally.
For more information, visit sewickleypresby.org.
• The Tull Family Theater will offer hard-hat tours of the Walnut Street site and “test drive” a movie theater seat at Explore Sewickley, 418 Beaver St., spokeswoman Karen Ferrick-Roman said.
Ferrick-Roman said actual chairs in the theater, which is scheduled to be open in January, will be recliners and offer a liftable cupholder. The test model Saturday will be a rocking seat and have fixed cupholders.
The tours will be offered from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 418 Walnut St.
“You get to see the internal structures of the theater and envision the completed venue; we'll have drawings available as well,” she said. “We're suggesting that, for safety's sake, visitors wear closed-toe shoes.”