Drug sweep nets 9 so far in Alle-Kiski Valley
State drug agents and local police Wednesday morning rounded up alleged heroin and cocaine dealers in several parts of the Alle-Kiski Valley.
Five men and three women were arrested for new drug charges or older arrest warrants. One was released pending action by Westmoreland County's special drug court.
Five people were arraigned on drug charges Wednesday before District Judge Frank J. Pallone Jr.
Their names; ages; last known addresses; charges; and cash bail if available, include:
• Bari Coleman: heroin sale in March 2015; $40,000 bail;
• Debar Green Jr., 22, Sycamore Street, Harrison; heroin sale in January; $50,000;
• Sean Hecker, 24, Riverview Drive, New Kensington; two counts of heroin delivery; $50,000;
• Martez D. Whitlow, 25; Fifth Avenue, Arnold; heroin sales in September; $25,000.
• Michael J. Guzzi, 67, Pennsylvania Avenue, Oakmont and Leishman Avenue, Arnold; conspiracy and cocaine delivery.
Most of their preliminary hearings are scheduled for May 19.
Police and state drug agents are looking for 15 suspects. A precise count of those arrested wasn't available Wednesday.The investigation is part of a multi-county Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force assembled to target heroin dealers in Western Pennsylvania. Officers combined it with a warrant sweep with Westmoreland County sheriff's deputies.
The suspects will be prosecuted by the district attorneys in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties, depending on where the alleged crimes occurred.
Chuck Biedka is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Contact him at 724-226-4711 .