Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
These special events and fireworks displays are planned across the area in celebration of Independence Day:
• Alverton: The annual fireworks display will begin about 9:30 p.m. Saturday at Republic Services, 234 Landfill Road.
• Champion: A Fireworks Spectacular is scheduled for 9 p.m. today over Seven Springs Mountain Resort, 777 Waterwheel Drive.
• Connellsville: Fireworks will begin at dusk Sunday over City Hall Plaza.
• Greensburg: A Freedom 5K to benefit the American Heart Association will begin at 8:30 a.m. at Lynch Field. Registration opens at 7 a.m. Fee is $30.
• Indiana: Fireworks are planned for 9:30 p.m. Saturday at Mack Park, 752 S. Sixth St.
• Latrobe: A parade will begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, moving from Memorial Stadium through downtown. Midway activities, bingo and entertainment begin at 1 p.m. in Legion Keener Park. Fireworks are planned for 10 p.m., with a rain date of 9:30 p.m. Sunday if needed.
• Ligonier Township: Fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m., weather permitting, at Idlewild and SoakZone, off Route 30 west of Ligonier. Park admission fee applies.
• Monongahela: A Fourth of July Celebration, ending with fireworks at about 9:45 p.m., will begin at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Aquatorium. Rain date is Sunday.
• Mt. Pleasant: The annual Party in the Park is planned for 6 p.m. today in Veterans Park, featuring music by Switch and fireworks at about 10:15 p.m.
• New Kensington: Fireworks are planned at 9 p.m. today over downtown.
• North Huntingdon: Fireworks will begin at dusk Saturday in Penn's Woods Park, off Colonial Manor Road.
• Uniontown: Fireworks Over Fayette will begin with a flag dedication at 6 p.m. Saturday at Uniontown Mall. Event will feature food and patriotic music, ending with fireworks at dusk.